Harekrushana was born into a Hindu family in Orissa state. Because of poverty they used to struggle to get their daily meals. When he was nine his father was killed because of a land dispute. When his father died, their situation worsened, and they spent many nights with empty stomachs. As the eldest son, he took responsibility to support the family. While studying, he worked as a daily laborer. By God’s grace he was able to graduate from a local high school.
Without Christ his anger against his father’s murderers grew stronger and stronger. He joined a local gang to destroy the murderer’s families. When his uncle shared the gospel with love, he responded to Christ and his heart was changed. He now has a great burden to reach his Hindu family. God called him to serve Him full-time and thus he joined MITS in 2009. He is graduating with a M. Div. in March 2012. There are many young men and women like Harekrushana ready to pursue their call. Unfortunately they cannot get a quality education due to the lack of finance. You can invest in a future global leader.
Mission India Theological Seminary is one of the leading seminaries for South Asia located in Nagpur, Central India. Currently MITS offers degrees:
- Diploma in Theology – 1 year
- Bachelor of Theology – 3 year
- Master of Divinity – 3 year
- Master of Theology – New Testament and Missiology
- M.A. in Urban Ministry – 2 year
Impact of Your Investment
- Raising up Indigenous leaders.
- Helping men and women pursue the call of God in their lives.
- Empowering leaders and transform lives as the seminary inspires and equips students to follow Jesus, serving and leading the church in South Asia and beyond.
- Your investment multiplies many times.
- All your family can contribute towards the fund.
- Children and grand-children can carry on the legacy.
Minimum: $2,400/year or $200/month
Salient Features Include:
- Our students come from many language groups throughout South Asia.
- Accredited by the Asia Theological Association.
- Special Emphasis for community transformation, evangelism, church planting, and leadership development.
- Comprehensive training includes technical, health, and serving children.
- Tuition is only 1/10th of a comparable US education.